Adding photos to your posts

Go down

Adding photos to your posts

Post by Gnarley on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:58 am

Any photo you wish to add to a post must already be on the internet....don't panic.

At the top of your post right below the Subject line there is a long string of icons...the 5th set from the left is about pics as follows:

1st=host an image

2nd=image
3rd=link
4th=flash
5th=video

Click on 1st one.."Host An Image"
Use the browse function to locate the photo on your computer
After you select the photo you want>click on "HOST IT"
(*this put your photo on a free photo hosting site and now will give you the URL of the photo)

You will see 3 links..use the bottom one which is "image URL"..Highlight & Copy it...DO NOT click UPLOAD

Click on the 2nd icon "IMAGE"
Paste in the URL you just copied & click OK

Bingo..photo is now in post..you can then drag the photo around anywhere you want it in the post...also if you reduce the size of your photos to 800x600 the process will go much faster.

It sounds complicated but is actually very fast once you use it a couple of times.

Of course, if you already have your photos on-line somewhere i.e. photo hosting site then you just need to use the "image" icon and paste in the URL.

I hope this is clear..if not..drop me a line and we will get you going.

Gnarley
Gnarley
Boss Of Bosses
Boss Of Bosses

Back to top Go down

Re: Adding photos to your posts

Post by gravy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:59 am

arrrrrgh ! all my photos are in picasa.....can't "find " them on my computer .....what drive ? what floppy etc....is there something on picasa that I do to transfer it to something that will work .....I'm a real computer dummy

gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by chinagringo on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 am

Gravy:

I have very limited experience with Picasa as I never used this program until I got my new computer. In an attempt to answer your question, I just tried something that I have used in the past. I opened Picasa and selected a foto. Then I went up to file and did a save to my desktop of that foto. By doing so, it makes it easy for me to find when applying to a post. Once I get done with the project, I simply right click on the desktop location and delete it to keep my desktop clean.

Hope this helps in a confusing sort of way!

Neil
Albuquerque, NM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30112316@N06/sets/

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. ~Mark Twain

chinagringo
Big Bully
Big Bully

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 am

thanks ...gonna try

gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnarley on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 am

gravy..have you tried the Free Picasa Web Albums? Free storage upto 1G..

Go here: Picasa Web Album
Gnarley
Boss Of Bosses
Boss Of Bosses

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Gnarley been trying ....got it into a file on my computer but I get to the selection of the photo and it says no such thing exists...I hate computers....picasa web albums ? how does that help ?

gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 pm

i got rid of picasa and went back to just having "my pictures".
i also have a bunch on an external hard drive to save space on my "main" hard drive.
picasa is too confusing as you are finding out gravy.

Big Bully
Big Bully

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:33 pm

arrrrrgh !.....off to gum breakfast....will get my computer gal to show me.....until then , everyone but Pedro will have to keep guessing who I is

gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by chinagringo on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Another option would be to download a simple free program such as HP Photosmart:
http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/index.html

It is a fairly easy program to use and it will access the photo files you already have in Picaso.

Neil
Albuquerque, NM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30112316@N06/sets/

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. ~Mark Twain

chinagringo
Big Bully
Big Bully

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnarley on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Gnarley wrote:gravy..have you tried the Free Picasa Web Albums? Free storage upto 1G..

Go here: Picasa Web Album

gravy wrote:Gnarley been trying ....got it into a file on my computer but I get to the selection of the photo and it says no such thing exists...I hate computers....picasa web albums ? how does that help ?

It's a free place to store your pics for internet use but you not liking confuzors would not like it either.

pedro wrote:i got rid of picasa and went back to just having "my pictures".
i also have a bunch on an external hard drive to save space on my "main" hard drive.
picasa is too confusing as you are finding out gravy.

No help whatsoever pedro loco!!

chinagringo wrote:Another option would be to download a simple free program such as HP Photosmart:
http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/index.html

It is a fairly easy program to use and it will access the photo files you already have in Picaso.

Excellent suggestion but sounds as if beyond what gravy wants to deal with...

gravy..you have answered your own question!!! wait for your computer gal & let her walk you through it..

Gnarley
Boss Of Bosses
Boss Of Bosses

Back to top Go down

??????

Post by gravy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi, I am a tech, helping gravy..need some assistance with this environment..Are you online?

gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 pm

this test is for gravy

Big Bully
Big Bully

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:55 pm

i will come to yer place and drink yer tequila and fix what yer APPLE tech couldn't do with yer DELL, dumbass!

Big Bully
Big Bully

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 am

graaaaaaaaaaasias.......and it's meathead to you

gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down